The 2023 US News and World Report The ranking of Best Online Programs ranks Texas A&M University #4 nationally for its online undergraduate programs – #1 in Texas – while its online graduate programs rank in the top 10 in the nation in multiple disciplines.
“Our dedicated faculty and staff are focused on building and delivering strong academic programs and services that support student learning in a complex world,” said Alan Sams, interim principal of Texas A&M and vice president of academic affairs. “These innovative programs offer Aggies transformational opportunities to advance her life and career from anywhere. It demonstrates the global reach of Texas A&M’s influence in preparing tomorrow’s leaders.”
In addition to its undergraduate ranking, Texas A&M also performed well in online graduate education. Many postgraduate programs at the School of Education and Human Development, College of Engineering, Mays Business School, and School of Nursing rank in the top 10 or 20 nationally and are state leaders.
Of particular note for the military-friendly university are several high marks in veterans’ online graduate education.
Online Graduate Rankings include:
Education and Human Development
- overall master: #10
- Masters for Veterans: #2 (#1 in Texas)
- Masters in Curriculum and Teaching: No. 12 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Masters in Education Administration: No. 8 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Master teaching/teaching media design: #10 (#1 in Texas)
- overall master: No. 12 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Masters for Veterans: No. 17 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering: No. 8 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Master Industrial Engineering: No. 8 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Master’s degree in industrial engineering: No. 12 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering: #6 (#1 in Texas)
- Total business: #6 (#1 in Texas)
- Masters for Veterans: No. 8 (No. 1 in Texas)
- Total care: No. 33
- Master’s Nurse Practitioner – Family Specialization: #13
According to US News, its editors ranked schools in the 2023 Best Online Programs Rankings based on a variety of objective factors, including student engagement, faculty credentials, and services and technology. The 2023 edition evaluates more than 1,800 online bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
Check out the rankings on usnews.com.