MTV is reaching for something a long way off: a new iteration of The hills.
The network ordered The Hills: Next Gen (working title) features a new and more diverse cast of friends in their 20s and aspiring entrepreneurs coming of age in a very different Los Angeles, reports our sister site Deadline. The series will explore “race, class, identity, addiction, family drama along with the thrills of romance and self-made amidst the exclusive enclave of the Malibu hills.”
MTV has also grown Jersey Shore 2.0 (working title), in which a new group of roommates move into their own Shore home.
Ready for some fresher nuggets? Spring…
* Netflix Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend (Premiering Wednesday, June 15) has its five new Iron Chefs – Curtis Stone, Dominique Crenn, Marcus Samuelsson, Ming Tsai and Gabriela Cámara – as well as Challenger chefs Mason Hereford, Curtis Duffy, Claudette Zepeda, Esther Choi, Gregory Gourdet , Mei Lin and Yia Vang. Andrew Zimmer and Nilou Motamed will serve as judges, along with guest judges Francis Lam, Nancy Silverton, Justin Willman, Danny Trejo, Lorena Garcia, Loni Love, Wolfgang Puck and Masaharu Morimoto, while previously reported Alton Brown and Kristen Kish will be the hosts will be back, with Mark Dacascos as chairman.
* Adult Swim has been renewed The Eric Andre Show for a sixth season premiering in 2023 and featuring guests Natasha Lyonne, Jaleel White, Blac Chyna, Jon Hamm and Raven-Symoné.
* Sacha Baron Cohen has teamed up king of the hill‘s Greg Daniels and Mike Judge and Michael Koman (Nathan for you, How To with John Wilson) to develop the family-oriented animated special Chelm: The smartest place on earth for HBO Max and Cartoon Network. “Set in the mythical city of fools and originally told in Yiddish, Chelm: The smartest place on earth shares the absurdist humor and interpretative questioning that is a nod to Jewish intellectual traditions,” reads the official description.
* An untitled Lizzo documentary, due out this fall on HBO Max, will “explore the inspirational story behind her humble beginnings through to her meteoric rise with an intimate look at the moments that marked her hard-earned rise to fame, success, love and international… have shaped fame. ”
* Facebook Watch has the green light to premiere this summer JoJo goesa hybrid docuseries in which JoJo Siwa takes part in wacky adventures with her celebrity friends that she’s always wanted to have but never got the chance to.
Which of today’s TVLine articles arouse your interest?