Something for the weekend – 03/18/23
While last week’s roundup was packed with announcements, this week’s news felt a lot more muted, but luckily there were a bunch of reviews and previews to keep us on our toes, so let’s dive in!
In the news this week
Games in review
Steve was impressed with Resident Evil 4 Remake, giving it the first 10/10 we’ve had in a while:
- Resident Evil 4 – PS5XSX|S, PS4, PC – 10/10
- Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon – NSW – 8/10
- DC’s Justice League: Cosmic Chaos – PS5, XSX|SPS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR – PSVR2 – 7/10
- Destiny 2: Lightfall – PS5XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- Fig. 2: Creed Valley – PS5, XSX|S, XBO, PC, NSW – 6/10
Elsewhere, Stefan a very zombie week. He started having a fun time with Switchback VR before tuffcubs review and spoke to Game Director Alejandro Arque Gallardo.
After that he watched another PSVR2 horror game, The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2 Retributionbefore proceeding dead island 2for which he had another video preview:
Many of you will know that the game has been in “development hell” for a while, but to get the real story, He spoke to game director David Stenton to get the inside information.
Finally, Dom turned on his hand exoprimalthe multiplayer shooter full of “time travel, mech suits, multiplayer, rogue AIs and dinosaurs” currently in open beta.
And then end the week what we played with Resident Evil 4, WWE 2K23 and Switchback VR.
Toads of the Bayou strategy game announced for PC
Disney Speedstorm goes into Early Access in April
Project Astrid revealed by Splash Damage will be an open world survival game
Now let’s see what you played.
- Beside Eden and Man of Medan, Andrew He’s embarrassed to admit it, but he’s been mostly playing Fortnite with his kids this week. Nothing to be ashamed of, as he quickly establishes that it’s an accessible shooter to just have fun in!
Have a nice weekend, I’ll see you again soon!