Oklahoma

Second arrest in connection with quadruple executions at Oklahoma marijuana farm

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The investigation into the four execution-style murders at a marijuana farm turns into a jigsaw puzzle.

Now officials say there has been another arrest of the alleged “contact person” for the cultivation.

“This license was obtained for this farm by fraud,” said Mark Woodward of the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics.

Just two days after the quadruple murder at a Lacey marijuana farm, Kevin Pham’s office was raided by state narcotics officers.

Kevin Pham. Courtesy: Oklahoma County Detention Center

According to OBN documents, investigators linked the 10-acre farm to the company Lui & Chen Inc.

News 4 could not confirm whether “Chen” refers to Wu Chen, who was the alleged gunman in the killings.

Pham, 46, is registered as an agent for Lui & Chen Inc.

In a search warrant, drug officers said, “Regardless of the situation, Pham appears to be the one-stop shop for breeders.”

“He’s connected to at least 63 other farms in Oklahoma, where he essentially created this fraudulent structure,” Woodward said.

The structure is known as “straw” or “ghost possession”.

In Oklahoma, 75% of a cultivation must be owned by an Oklahoma resident. The other 25% may be out-of-state owners. Drug agents say this is where criminal organizations come in and conceal true possession, which can pose a challenge.

“We cannot say with certainty that we can trace criminal activity on the black market or money laundering. This is still part of an ongoing investigation,” Woodward said of the Kingfisher County cultivation.

Meanwhile, drug agents say the operation’s ghost owner was paid $2,000 a month for each license with no labor involved. Agents said he has several.

Pham was paid $500 to $2,500 for each grow he helped.

Drug agents said on Nov. 21, “PHAM was contacted by individuals at a Hennessey marijuana farm following a quadruple murder that occurred,” and that “PHAM then contacted the 75 percent straw owner of the marijuana farm through the Signal App.” an app that deletes messages over time.”

When narcotics officers searched Pham’s office, they found 300 packages of ready-to-sell edibles and more than 10 pounds of processed marijuana. Agents said Pham does not have licenses for those products. Agents also said they found four guns, Adderall and Hydrocodone.

News 4 tried to reach Pham at his office, but agents in the documents said, “According to Pham’s staff, no one is allowed into Pham’s office.”

When KFOR visited, doors and windows were covered with curtains.

News 4 also tried to reach Pham at his home, but no one answered the door.

The ghost owner has surrendered all his licenses to the OBN.

“These licenses are no longer active. And so everything that is happening on these farms must stop immediately,” Woodward said.

OBN Agents will now go through all attachments under the ghost owner’s name to ensure they are legitimate.

Pham was arrested for fraud and drug offenses. He has since opted out.

According to online court filings, Pham has pleaded guilty to multiple second-degree burglaries and concealing stolen property.

OSBI said there was nothing new to report about the murder.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button