Get your daily, bite-sized roundup of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigate the stories flying under the radar in today’s crypto news.
- Russia’s largest bank Sber announced that its proprietary blockchain platform will be compatible with Ethereum (ETH). Developers can freely transfer smart contracts and entire projects between the bank’s blockchain network and Ethereum.
- That DFINITY Foundationthe non-profit organization dedicated to the development of internet computer (IC) Blockchain, announced the mainnet integration of the internet computer with Bitcoin (BTC), providing advanced smart contract functionality for the world’s largest crypto, the announcement said. The Internet Computer can now serve as Layer 2 for Bitcoin, where smart contracts can natively store, send and receive BTC on the Internet Computer without the need for blockchain bridges or other third parties.
- principal from the Partisia Blockchain Foundationthe organization behind an internet privacy blockchain infrastructure, appears with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Paris tomorrow for its first hackathon, the PartiHack, to present the prototype of a blockchain-based system “aimed at demonstrating that this technology can be used in conflict zones where there is a very high level of privacy and data protection is required. The press release states that the stablecoin the two organizations are developing will “test a new way of helping victims of armed conflict and violence by combining the benefits of public blockchains with the privacy of Partisia Blockchain’s multi-party computing technology.” .
- That Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) will shed up to 200 contractors who have been working on integrating blockchain technology into its CHESS clearing and settlement system after the overhaul was called off, Reuters reported. The ASX had a total of about 300 employees working on the now canceled project, of which a third are permanent employees and two-thirds are contractors and consultants, a spokesman said, citing a spokesman.
- Exclusive automotive group (EAG), a factory authorized dealer for Aston Martin, Bentley Motors, Koenigsegg and Karma Automotive, announced that it will accept cryptocurrencies to pay for goods and services BitPay, a provider of crypto payment services. “Exclusive Automotive Group’s ability to accept cryptocurrencies allows the dealership to tap into the vast crypto marketplace and attract new customers,” it said.
- That Solana-based automated market maker orca has integrated into the payment company stripes for Fiat ramps. According to an announcement, a fiat-to-crypto ramp has been built into the Orca UI by integrating with shortcut, built by Stripe. New podmates can now convert fiat currency to crypto without having to first buy crypto on other exchanges, it said.
- The blockchain technology provider Venly said it is one of 16 companies piloting Stripe’s new fiat-to-crypto ramp. According to an announcement, this integration allows to make purchases with Venly purse via Stripe’s onramp, and it will also lower the barriers to entry for users.
- That Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has granted a license MetaComp Providing token services for digital payments as a major payment institution. Per the press release, MetaComp has been granted a license under the Payment Services Act, effective December 2022, allowing it to offer an end-to-end suite of digital asset services to corporates and traditional and crypto-native institutional investors.
- Mike Novogratz Galaxy Digital has won an auction to purchase a self-custody platform GK8 from the bankrupt crypto lender Celsius network‘ the company said. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Web3 developer platform fleet said it had raised $25 million in Series A funding, led by Polychain Capitalwith the participation of protocol labs, working, Coinbase Ventures, Digital currency group, Things to do in the North Island, Distributed globally, The LAOand Argonautical ventures. Funds will be provided for development and launch, according to an announcement Fleek networka decentralized network for content and application delivery, scheduled to launch in 2023.
- THOR wallet announced the collaboration with Mayan Protocola decentralized liquidity network based on the Cosmos SDK powered by its native coin CACAO, which is also a friendly fork of the decentralized liquidity network THORChain. According to the announcement, the project will initially offer non-custodial, permissionless cross-chain swaps between native assets via Bitcoin, Ethereum and THORChain.
- The grapha decentralized protocol for indexing Web3 data, adds support for polygon (MATIC) on The Graph Network. Polygon users will soon be able to rely on fully decentralized APIs to power their decentralized applications (dapps), the announcement said.
- Some of the biggest names in American fashion have partnered with the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), The sandbox, Polygon Studiosand Brand new vision (BNV) to celebrate 60 years of the fashion institution and “pave the way to the future of fashion on the Web3 and Metaverse,” according to an announcement. Seven designer brands – Coach, Michael Kors, Wes Gordon for Carolina Herrera, Diane von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger, Vivienne Tam and Willy Chavarria – will each create a non-fungible token (NFT) with associated utility, available starting December 12th week before the opening of the exhibition.