close
close

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to ‘film Netflix docuseries at home’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

Harry and Meghan are set to film a ‘Home’ docuseries for Netflix (Image: Rex)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly welcoming cameras to their home for a new Netflix documentary as part of their $100million (£80million) streaming deal..

The pair have been said to be filming at their $14million (£12million) Santa Barbara mansion to get content for the open show and it’s already giving us Keeping Up With The Kardashians vibes.

According to Page Six, the Sussexes have been working with production crews for a few months on a Home with the Duke and Duchess-style show.

The publication reports that Netflix is ​​hoping to launch the program later this year to coincide with the release of Prince Harry’s forthcoming memoir.

However, the Sussexes want the documentaries to be withheld until 2023, sources have claimed.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend the track and field event at the Invictus Games in The Hague, the Netherlands, Sunday April 17, 2022. The week-long games for active duty military and veterans who became ill, injured or wounded on opened Saturday in this Dutch city that bills itself as a global center for peace and justice.  (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

The couple are said to have been filming the series for a few months (Image: AP)

“The timing is still being debated, things are up in the air,” said an insider.

Exactly what will be included in the documentary and whether the couple’s children Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11 months, will star remains to be seen at this time.

News of the alleged documentaries comes two years after Meghan and Harry denied they are directing a reality series for the streamer.

At the time, their rep said: “The Duke and Duchess are not participating in any reality shows.”

Harry and Meghan signed a multi-million pound deal with Netflix in 2020.

The news of Harry and Meghan’s series comes just weeks after it was announced that Meghan’s animated series Pearl has been canceled by the streaming service.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

News of the series comes just weeks after Meghan’s children’s animated series was canceled by Netflix (Image: Wire Image)

Archewell Productions’ show, which was one of two projects announced as part of their Netflix deal, was set to focus on the adventures of a 12-year-old girl inspired by influential women from history.

Pearl was axed as part of strategic decisions the streaming giant is making around animated series after it emerged that it had lost 200,000 users in the first three months of 2022, far short of predictions that 2.5 million subscribers would be added.

It is understood that Netflix has decided not to go ahead with the development of several projects.

Netflix has stumbled in the face of increasing competition from companies like Disney, Amazon Prime and movie theaters reopening.

The US company’s share value has halved over the past six months as investors have grown concerned about the fortunes’ performance.

Though the series has been canceled, Netflix said Archewell Productions remains a valued partner and they continue to collaborate on a number of projects, including the Heart Of Invictus documentary.

The show follows people competing at the Invictus Games and a camera crew was seen near Harry and Meghan during their time at the event in The Hague, Netherlands last month.

Metro.co.uk has reached out to the Sussexes and Netflix for comment.

Do you have a story?

If you have a celebrity story, video or pictures, please contact the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us at [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or our page Visit to submit content – we’d love to hear from you.

TV

Leave a Comment