Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: “Home” documentaries are coming to Netflix
It keeps up with the Sussexes!
Netflix will finally get its “pound of flesh” from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with a docuseries “At Home with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” Page Six can reveal.
Hollywood insiders are excited about the show, but while we’re told Netflix bosses want the series to follow up on Harry’s much-anticipated memoir by the end of the year, the Sussex camp would prefer it airs next year .
“The timing is still being debated, things are up in the air,” said one producer who is in the know.
The Sussexes, who signed a million dollar deal with the streamer in 2020 after moving to the US, were followed by Netflix cameras as they traveled to the Netherlands last month for the Invictus Games – Harry’s global games for wounded and injured soldiers and women . Netflix is making a documentary about it called Heart of Invictus.
But they’ve also been shadowed for another project that will be a lot juicier, we’re told. Cameras were allowed behind the scenes of their home in Montecito, California, and followed the Sussexes on their trip to NYC last September, as we previously revealed.
“I think it’s fair to say Netflix is getting its pound of meat,” said a senior Hollywood insider.
It’s not yet known what will be included in the documentary, but while the Sussexes have been living in California, there have been a lot of headlines about the breakdown in their relationship with the royal family.
Last month, Harry, 37, and Markle, 40, flew to see the Queen ahead of her 96th birthday at Windsor Castle en route to the Netherlands, where Harry said his grandmother was in high spirits – and made sure she was taken care of become .
The Sussexes have also announced they will be bringing their children Archie, 3, and baby Lilibet – whose first birthday is June 4 – to London to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next month.
However, they will not meet with senior family members, including Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, on the Buckingham Palace balcony, the palace has confirmed.
Netflix declined to comment, and representatives from the Sussexes were unavailable for comment.
Last month, Netflix announced that it had halted development of Pearl, an animated series created by Markle as part of a cost-cutting effort.
The show, which was announced last year, is one of several projects shelved by the streaming giant, which has revealed a sharp drop in subscribers over the past month and warned millions more to leave the service.
Archewell Productions, the company founded by the Sussexes, announced last year that Meghan will executive produce Pearl alongside Sir Elton John’s husband David Furnish.u
The series was to focus on the adventures of a 12-year-old girl who draws inspiration from influential women in history.