Meet-and-greets and audience participation are prohibited in the theaters Cultural Center of the Philippines.
The organizers and the CCP posted these guidelines on Facebook on August 4th, in the middle of the 18th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival 2022.
The festival runs from August 5th to October 31st.
The competing full-length films will be screened at the CCP through August 14. These will also be shown in select theaters at Ayala Malls and SM Malls from August 10th to August 16th.
While the public can stream online October 17-31.
This year’s theme is “Cinemalaya 18: Breaking through the Noise”.
Viewers wishing to view the films at the CCP are expected to comply with these protocols:
General guidelines include the following mandatory minimum public health protocols:
- Fully vaccinated guests will be allowed into the theater. Guests should bring their vaccination cards and show them to the security guard upon entry.
- Guests under the age of three and over the age of 65 may also enter the theater. The latter should be fully vaccinated, while children should be accompanied by fully vaccinated adults.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- The CCP Main Theater is intended to accommodate only 80% of the theater’s capacity.
Within the venue some of the notable additional measures are implemented:
- Socializing is not recommended in the lobby. Audiences are ushered directly into the cinema upon arrival and escorted to designated departure points after the film.
- During the “Open House” the ushers must implement an entry and exit procedure to ensure physical distancing and avoid the accumulation of guests.
- Audience participation, autograph sessions and meet-and-greet activities are prohibited.
- Cocktail receptions are also allowed but are subject to control measures.
- Venue/room zoning or a bubble scheme is also observed to avoid guest cross-contamination.
Additionally, guests are encouraged to have their tickets verified by scanning QR codes, printing them at home, or saving them to mobile phones for contactless transactions.
Apart from the CCP cinemas, Cinemalaya films are also shown in selected Ayala cinemas and SM cinemas in the following areas:
- Baguio town
- Cagayan de Oro
Here is the full showing schedule of all Cinemalaya films, both full length and short films, in theaters.
Below are the full-length titles of all the films that made it to the festival this year, with their respective MTRCB ratings:
- THE BASEBALL PLAYER by Carlo Obispo (rated G)
- RETIRADA by Cynthia Cruz-Paz and Milo Alto Paz (Rated PG)
- KARGO by TM Malones (rated PG)
- KALUSKOS by Roman Perez Jr.; Screenplay by Enrique Villasis (Rated PG)
- GINHAWA by Christian Paolo Lat (Rated PG)
- BULA SA LANGIT by Sheenly Gener; Screenplay by Andrian Legaspi (rated R-13)
- BLUE ROOM by Ma-an L. Asuncion-Dagnalan (rated R-13)
- BATSOY by Ronald Espinosa Batallones (rated G)
- BAKIT DI MO SABIHIN? by Real Florida; Screenplay by Floriza Ferrer (Rated PG)
- ANGKAS by Rain Yamson; Screenplay by Jaymar Santos Castro (rated R-13)
- 12 WEEKS by Anna Isabelle Matutina (rated R-13)