Men’s tennis post 5-2 victory over Marist
WINCHESTER, MA— The Boston University men’s tennis team played its penultimate non-conference game in a 5-2 win over Marist at Winchester Tennis Club on Saturday night.
The Terriers (8-8) won two of the three doubles games for the first point and then won four singles points, including three in straight sets to defeat the Red Foxes (0-10).
second grader Cole Knutsen was the only terrier to have two wins, first teaming with Junior Jonah Dickson for a 6-3 win at No. 2 in doubles and then bounced back from a set to defeat Nick Suhanitski 1-6 6-4 6-2 at No. 4 in singles.
Marist held the colon in first place with an identical 6-3 win, but younger Johann Sajonz and second graders Adrian Pavlowski clinched a 6-4 win on row 3 to give BU an early 1-0 advantage.
student in the first year Corey Craig As a junior, he lost the fewest singles games by earning a 6-1, 6-2 win on line 2 Ben Letzer scored a 6-2, 6-2 win in the No. 6 pitch. Second graders Dion Loutas added the other straight-set win by winning the lone tiebreak of the day and then moving ahead early in the second for the 7-6(1), 6-2 win.
Marist avoided the sweep by grabbing a 6-2, 6-3 win on line 3 and a 6-4, 6-2 win on line 5.
The Terriers will conclude the non-conference game at Harvard on Friday (March 24) starting at 6:00 p.m.
BU – 5, Marists – 2
1) Dion Loutas (BU) def. Christian Mills (Marist): 7-6(1), 6-2
2) Corey Craig (BU) def. Moritz Daxböck (Marist): 6: 1, 6: 2
3) Tomas Gomez (Marist) defeated. Alejandro Licea (BU): 6-2, 6-3
4) Cole Knutsen (BU) def. Nick Suhanitski (Marist): 1-6, 6-4, 6-2
5) Alex Thompson (Marist) defeated. Jonah Dickson (BU): 6-2, 6-2
6) Ben Letzer (BU) def. Carlos Vasquez (Marist): 6-2, 6-2
1) Dylan Friedman/Suhanitski (Marist) def. Licea/Loutas (BU): 6-3
2) Dickson/Knutsen (BU) defeated. Thompson/Gomez (Marist): 6-3
3) Johann Sajonz / Adrian Pawłowski (BU) def. Mühlen/Daxböck (Marist): 6-4