TUCSON, Ariz. – Pepperdine’s men’s golf program played two rounds in Arizona on Friday and started the NIT in ninth place with the final round scheduled for Saturday.
As a team, the #9 Waves shot 571 on Omni Tucson National Resort’s par-72, 7,200-yard Catalina Course. In addition to the top 10 waves, the 13-team field includes eight other schools assessed – including two in the top 10.
Last season, the Waves placed third at the NIT after a -28 show. This is Pepperdine’s second appearance at this special event.
- Senior William Mow (Chino, California/Ontario Christian HS) tied for 10th placeth at 140 (70-70). He had an eagle on the first round and seven birdies that day.
- graduate Derek Hitchner (Minneapolis, Minn./The Blake School) is also tied for 10th at 140 (69-71). In the two rounds on Friday he collected nine birdies.
- graduate Sam Choi (Anaheim, California/New Mexico) ranks 36thth at 144 (72-72). He had seven birdies that day, posting one in both rounds and posting two birdies on consecutive holes.
- graduate Luke Gifford (Boca Raton, Florida/South Florida) tied 56th at 147 (75-72). He shagged a bird nine times on Friday.
- graduate Robert Nieve (Miami, Florida/Delaware) is tied 79th on pointsth at 151 (76-75). He birdied twice on Friday, once in each round.
- Compete as an individual, newcomer Brady Siravo (Sacramento, Calif./Jesuit HS) is tied for 56th at 147 (74-73). He had five birdies in the first two rounds.
team score: 1. USC 557; 2. Arizona 561; 3. State of Arizona 562; 4. Illinois 565; T5. Florida 567; T5. New Mexico 567; T7. Oklahoma 569; T7. State of Oklahoma 569; T9. State of San Diego 571; T9. Pepperdine 571; 11. State of Colorado 577; 12. Wyoming 585; 13.San Diego587.
Top People: T1 Zach Pollo (Arizona) 135; T1 Matthew Troutman (Oklahoma) 135; 3. Jackson Rivera (USC) 136; T4. Krando Nishiba (USC) 137; T4. Preston Summerhays (Arizona) 137; 6. Adrien Dumont de Chassart (Illinois) 138; T7. Davis Bryant (State of Colorado) 139; T7. Bastien Amat (New Mexico) 139; T7. Carson Herron (New Mexico) 139; T10. William Mow (Peppermint) 140; T10. Ben Lorenz (Oklahoma) 140; T10. Derek Hitchner (Peppermint) 140; T10. Ricky Castillo (Florida) 140.
Pepperdine begins the third and final round on Saturday at 7:39 a.m. The waves are paired with Colorado State and Wyoming.