The upcoming Crackling Voltage event in Pokemon GO brings a new raid rotation into play. The main attraction is the release of Shiny Tapu Koko in Tier 5 Raids, as well as the return of Mega Aerodactyl to Mega Raids. There are also some solid options in Tiers One and Three. Today’s raid guide for Pokemon GO Players will help you create a team to defeat Mega Aerodactyl in Mega Raids. Let’s get into that.
Top Mega Aerodactyl Counter
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top ten Mega Aerodactyl counters as such:
- Shadow Metagross: Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash
- Mega Swampert: Water Pistol, Hydro Cannon
- Mega Blastoise: Water Pistol, Hydro Cannon
- Shadow Raikou: Thunder Shock, Ferocious Charge
- Shadow Swampert: Water Pistol, Hydrocannon
- Mega Manectric: Thunderfang, Wild Charge
- Metagross: Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash
- Xurkitree: Thunderbolt, Discharge
- Shadow Feraligatr: Water Pistol, Hydrocannon
- Mega Aerodactyl: Rock Toss, Rock Smash
Boosting your counters as much as possible is recommended, but creating such a crowd of strong Shadow Pokémon with moves unlocked is a big challenge for even the most experienced players. Here are ten additional non-shadow and non-mega counters that can help take down Mega Aerodactyl efficiently.
- Zekrom: Charge Beam, Wild Charge
- Kyogre: waterfall, surf
- Empoleon: Metal Claw, Hydrocannon
- Kyurem: Wings of Steel, Glacial
- Rhyperior: Smack Down, Rock Wrecker
- Therian Forme Thundurus: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt
- Dialga: Metal Claw, Iron Head
- Jirachi: Charging beam, Destiny’s wish
- Raikou: Thunder Shock, Ferocious Charge
- Terrakion: Smack Down, Rock Slide
How many trainers are needed?
Mega Aerodactyl now requires at least two trainers to take it down. If you can’t guarantee the top counters with max HP and the best moves, your best bet is to make sure you have four or more players.
Using the Circle Lock technique to guarantee Great or Excellent Throws along with Golden Razz Berries is the best way to catch Pokemon.
The shiny rate for Mega Able Pokemon is roughly one in 60.
Have fun raiding fellow trainers!