Carolina Cruise Charters has only been open for a year and has been featured on two reality TV shows.
The local boat company was last seen in the fourth episode of the fifth season of Netflix “Formula 1: Drive to Survive.”
- Before, Jersey Shores The Situation, DJ Pauly D and Vinny spent days on the water on one of their boats. The Carolina Cruise Charters episode aired in Season 6 of the show.
Why it matters: National recognition from TV shows helps boost our cool factor. But more importantly, it shows everyone else what we already know: Charlotte is the place to be.
Zoom out: Farmer Wants a Wife, a reality show starring Gastonia farmer Ryan Black, is currently airing on FOX.
Background: Captain Matt Ryan founded the boat company in March 2022. He says most of their customers come from holiday apartment on the lake. The boating season officially started again on April 1st.
How it works: Two Berkshire Tritoon pontoon boats are currently available for rent.
- One boat holds up to 10 passengers and the other up to 13.
- Each is equipped with LED lights for sunset cruises and Bluetooth sound systems to control tunes.
- On board you will find karaoke, inflatable boats, water skiing and inner tubes.
- You can bring your own wine and beer but they ask that you don’t bring hard spirits.
Costs: Prices start at $500 and vary depending on the type of boat and how far you take it.
- Additional fees vary e.g additions, including paddle boards, wakeboards and a custom video reel.
- Remarkable: Prices do not change based on the number of people on the boat.
Hours: You can ride the boat between two and eight hours daily from 9am to 10pm.
- Trips can be arranged by phone or on-line.
What’s next: Ryan says they hope to add a 12-person boat to their fleet this season and he’s working on hiring more captains.
go deeper: 7 Boat Rentals near Charlotte starting at $255