How to

How to watch Penn State vs. Texas

For the first time since 2001, Penn State is playing for a place in the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. After a big win over Texas A&M in the first round on Thursday night, Jalen Pickett, Andrew Funk and the Nittany Lions compete Saturday night in Des Moines, Iowa, in the second round against Big 12 tournament winner Texas.

Penn State’s hot streak has seen the team win six of their last seven games against NCAA tournament teams, including two wins over a Northwestern team that also advanced to the second round. You will encounter a Texas team that has been flirting with a no. 1 seeded in the tournament with a 26-8 season topped by a win over the Kansas Jayhawks in the Big 12 championship game won by the Longhorns by a final score of 76-56.

Buy Nittany Lions tickets

Penn State and Texas both lit from three-point range in their first-round wins, with Funk losing eight three-pointers to Texas A&M and Sir’Jabari Rice tying with seven for the Longhorns against Colgate. We could be in for a fun fight with a trip to the Sweet 16 on the route between Penn State and Texas.

Here’s how to watch the action from Round 2 on Saturday.

  • Date: Saturday March 18, 2023
  • Time: Estimated 7:45pm ET (game follows conclusion of Kansas vs. Arkansas which starts at 5:15pm ET)
  • TV channel: CBS
  • Live broadcast: fuboTV (watch here)

Matthew OHaren-USA TODAY Sports

Penn State continues to be without forward Caleb Dorsey due to an undisclosed injury that has lasted throughout the season. There’s no timeline for his return to the lineup, so Penn State will try to continue without him for as long as necessary.

Texas has no known injuries to report.

For updated updates on college basketball injuries, check out USA TODAY Sports’ Injury Report.

Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports

POINTS

RETURN

  • Jalen Pickett, Penn State: 7.3 rpg
  • Timmy Allen, Texas: 5.4 rpm

SUPPORTS

  • Jalen Pickett, Penn State: 6.7 apg
  • Marcus Carr, Texas: 4:1 apg

Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports

This is nothing new for Penn State at this point. For the sixth straight year, Penn State is the underdog in the matchup ahead of them. Texas is favored against the Nittany Lions in this second-round matchup, but Penn State has had a respectable winning streak in that underdog role. But can it continue for one more game until next weekend?

According to ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, Penn State has just a 21.1% chance of winning against the Longhorns, who have a solid 78.9% chance of winning. But as Han Solo might say, never tell the Nittany Lions the odds.

Source

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button