How to perform catch finishers
- Catch the finisher from the top rope
- Catch the finisher from The Irish Whip
There are several ways to hit an opponent WWE2K23. There are weak and strong attacks and grapples. Then players can finish off their opponents with signatures and finishing moves or holds that have a better chance of taking out their opponents in a people-friendly way.
Certain wrestlers in WWE2K23 can intercept their opponents in mid-air and hit them with an impressive looking finisher. Wrestlers like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, John Cena, Randy Orton, Shawn Michael, The Undertaker and more WWE Superstars can take down their opponents with one catch finishers to defeat their opponents. There are two ways to hit an opponent with a mid-air finisher. Use these steps to learn how to do them.
Catch the finisher from the top rope
Whether it’s an RKO out of nowhere, a rock bottom from The Rock, or an F5 catching a falling opponent with brute force, players can pull off these moves with the following steps:
- Choose a wrestler who is capable of hitting a catch finisher.
- Make sure they kept a finisher.
- If the opponent decides to climb the top turnbuckle for an attack, Keep an eye on their foot animation.
- Press R2/RT and Square/X once the feet move for an attack to hit them with a top rope catch finisher – try to pre-empt the attack instead of waiting for the game to call for a finisher.
Reverse to a catch finisher
It is possible to hit the catch finisher after a counter for some power wrestlers and super heavyweights. Some opponents will attempt a crossbody from the top rope, and unfortunately for them it can be reversed.
- Prepare to reverse a top rope attack with a powerhouse like Brock Lesnar.
- If StandPress the Triangle/Y Key when they jump off the top turnbuckle for an attack.
- When inverted, the powerhouse holds them in the carry position. With a mounted finisher, Press R2/RT and the Square/X buttons hit the finisher.
Catch the finisher from The Irish Whip
Catch finishers aren’t exclusive powerhouses, but lighter weight wrestlers like Randy Orton and WWE Superstar Shawn Michaels can hit their opponents out of nowhere with finishers from the same positions. These moves work for the big wrestlers too. The rebound catch finisher might be better on a performer like Shawn Michaels due to speed.
- With a saved finisher, grab the opponent with the Circle/B.
- Then press the Circle/B and the directional stick to the ropes.
- Press on the rebound L1/LB before they get too close. This will lift them off the ground.
- When the opponent is in the air, quickly press the R2/RT and Square/X Keys to hit the rebound catch finisher.
That’s all players need to know to catch an opponent off guard with a sneaky and exciting finishing move WWE2K23‘s game modes.
WWE2K23 is now available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: WWE 2K23: Complete Guide and Walkthrough