If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft project, making a tissue paper hot air balloon is a perfect choice. Not only is it a great way to spend an afternoon, but it’s also a creative way to decorate your home or add a unique touch to a special event. In this tutorial, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to make a tissue paper hot air balloon.
Materials You Will Need
To make a tissue paper hot air balloon, you’ll need the following materials:
- Tissue paper in various colors
- A ruler
- A glue stick
- A thin piece of wire
- A small candle
Step 1: Cut the Tissue Paper
Start by cutting the tissue paper into strips that are 20 inches long and 3 inches wide. You’ll need six strips in total, so choose a variety of colors to create a colorful hot air balloon.
Step 2: Glue the Tissue Paper
Take one of the tissue paper strips and fold it in half lengthwise. Apply glue to one side of the strip, then fold it in half again so that the glue sticks the two sides together. Repeat this step for all six strips of tissue paper.
Step 3: Create the Balloon Shape
Now it’s time to create the balloon shape. Take two strips of tissue paper and glue them together end to end, repeating this process with the other four strips until you have three pairs of glued strips.
Step 4: Form the Top of the Balloon
Take one of the pairs of glued strips and form a loop, gluing the ends together so that it forms a circle. Repeat this step with the other two pairs of glued strips.
Step 5: Connect the Loops
Take one of the loops and glue it to another loop at the top, making sure that the two loops are connected securely. Repeat this step with the third loop, until all three loops are connected at the top.
Step 6: Create the Basket
Cut a piece of wire that is 8 inches long and bend it into a square shape. This will form the basket of the hot air balloon.
Step 7: Attach the Basket
Glue the basket to the bottom of the balloon shape, making sure that it is centered and secure.
Step 8: Create the Burner
Cut another piece of wire that is 2 inches long and bend it into a circle. This will form the burner of the hot air balloon.
Step 9: Attach the Burner
Glue the burner to the bottom of the basket, making sure that it is centered and secure.
Step 10: Add the Candle
Place a small candle inside the burner, making sure that it is secure.
Step 11: Light the Candle
Light the candle and hold the balloon by the wire basket. Wait for the balloon to fill with hot air and then release it.
Step 12: Watch the Balloon Soar
Watch as your tissue paper hot air balloon soars into the sky!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do I need any special tools to make a tissue paper hot air balloon?
- A: No, you don’t need any special tools. All you need is tissue paper, scissors, glue, wire, and a candle.
- Q: How long does it take to make a tissue paper hot air balloon?
- A: It should take about an hour to complete this project.
- Q: Is it safe to light a candle inside the hot air balloon?
- A: Yes, it’s safe as long as you use a small candle and supervise the balloon at all times.
- Q: Can I decorate the tissue paper hot air balloon?
- A: Yes, you can decorate the balloon with stickers, markers, or other embellishments.
- Q: What should I do if the balloon doesn’t fly?
- A: Make sure that the balloon is not too heavy and that the candle is not too large. It may also help to release the balloon on a calm day with minimal wind.
Making a tissue paper hot air balloon is a fun and creative craft project that anyone can enjoy. With just a few simple materials and some easy-to-follow instructions, you can create a beautiful and unique decoration that will impress your friends and family. So why not give it a try today?