The Fortnite refer-a-friend program just went live. By registering and completing some challenges, players will have a chance to win the new Xander skin. The best part is that it’s free.
There are no hidden costs, no microtransactions and no spending on V-Bucks. There are also numerous cosmetic rewards to be won, and the challenges are super easy. Here’s everything players need to know about the refer-a-friend program and how to claim the Xander skin for free.
Fortnite’s Refer-A-Friend Xander skin is available now
There are a few things players need to do to get started. First, they need to register on the campaign’s official page, which is linked here. Once this is done, players will have to complete a series of challenges to unlock cosmetics and progress to the final reward. Here is the list of challenges:
- Make a connection – Double Draw Spray.
- Play a game in Fortnite with a referee – Immortal Oasis Wrap.
- Place top 10 six times with your referee – Oasis Wind Backbling.
- Eliminate 45 enemies with your Referee – Oasis Wind Pickaxe.
- Level up plus 60 alone and wait for your referee to level up plus 60 as well – Xander Outfit.
Ironically, the first challenge asks players to make new friends in the game. Note that this does not work with known connections from the friends list. Once a new friend has been added, only then can players proceed with the challenges to unlock the rewards.
While the challenges seem difficult to complete, players have plenty of time to complete them. According to the information at the bottom of the website, the (Refer-A-Friend) campaign will last until February 19, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Registration for the campaign will remain open until January 10, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Note: This is subject to change at the discretion of Epic Games.
guidelines and tips
As with any event in the game, the developers add a few parameters and guidelines to keep things fair. It’s no different with the “Recruit Friends 2022” campaign. Below are the current regulations that players must follow:
- Players can add up to five friends from Fortnite on the Refer a Friend program website who have played a main Fortnite Battle Royale or Zero Build game playlist (i.e. Solo, Duos, Trios or Squads) less than two hours in the last 30 days (including new players).
- Complete in-game tasks with your referee(s) and earn in-game rewards.
- Players can complete the same task multiple times with different friends. However, rewards can only be earned once.
Given how the campaign works, creating a new account and playing in bot lobbies will not be easy. The best way to do this would be to find a newcomer to the game and take them under experienced wing. Players can quickly level up and reach level 60 by completing daily, weekly, and special challenges.
That being said, players must ensure that the friend they add plays regularly. If they don’t, it becomes almost impossible to reach level 60 and claim the free Xander skin. It would be best to add five new players just to be on the safe side.