Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta and preview version 126.96.36.199 was released on November 23, 2022.
Similar to the recent snapshot provided by its Java counterpart, this Bedrock Edition beta includes content planned for the upcoming 1.20 update. These include piglin heads, the ability to place mob heads on note blocks to play sounds, bamboo wood blocks, rafts, and bug fixes.
Bedrock Edition players can access the beta through Microsoft’s and Mojang’s preview program on Windows, Android and Xbox.
An iOS version of the preview is not yet available. However, Mojang stated in a recent support post that it is working to address the issue.
The process of downloading the latest Minecraft Bedrock preview varies from platform to platform
Depending on the platform players are using, the method to opt-in for the Bedrock 188.8.131.52 preview program is different.
Windows players can use either the Minecraft Launcher to enjoy the Bedrock Preview or Xbox Game Pass if they have an active subscription.
Android players using the Pocket Edition have their own method through the Google Play Store, while Xbox players can use a similar option.
How to download the latest Bedrock preview – Windows
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- Once the launcher is open, select the Bedrock Edition tab on the left.
- Click on the preview tab above the cover.
- Click the green “Install” button and enjoy the preview after the download is complete.
- Alternatively, if you have an Xbox Game Pass subscription, you can go https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/minecraft-preview-for-windows/9p5x4qvlc2xr to install the latest preview.
How to download the latest Bedrock preview – Android
- If you haven’t already signed up for the preview program, go to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mojang.minecraftpe and select the “Become a tester” button.
- Go to the game’s page on the Google Play Store and install it. If it’s already installed, the beta should install automatically, similar to a regular update on your device.
- Once the download is complete, just open the game and enjoy. If you decide to opt out at a later time, return to the link listed in Step 1 and click Exit.
How to download the latest Bedrock preview – Xbox
- If you own a copy of the game or are subscribed to Game Pass, look for Minecraft Preview on your dashboard. After the product page has loaded, simply select the “Install” button.
- When the installation is complete, go back to your dashboard and select the new preview app that has appeared and enjoy the game.
Hopefully, in the coming days, Mojang can sort out the compatibility issues for iOS so users can join in too.
It’s unclear if this will require an alternative download method rather than the traditional way of signing up through the Apple App Store, but hopefully that won’t be the case. In any case, players hoping to enjoy the preview on iOS should keep a close eye on Mojang’s official posts in the near future.