Great expectations had its two-episode premiere with us and followed the story of a young orphan who suddenly becomes a benefactor who allows him entry into high society. Here’s everything that happened in Season 1 Episodes 1 and 2.
- We meet Pip in 1839 London, where he tries to commit suicide by tying a rope around his neck and jumping off a bridge.
- Then we rewind seven years to meet young Pip, who lives with his sister and her husband. Pip wanted to visit his parents for Christmas but his sister Sara said it was unsafe.
- Later that night, Pip visited his parents’ gravesite and encountered a man (Maywitch) who had recently escaped from prison. Maywitch tells him that he must bring him food and drink or he will kill his entire family.
- Of course, Pip complies, and because he did when Maywitch and Compeyson were found and arrested, Maywitch doesn’t betray him.
- Mr. Pumblechuck comes to Pip’s house with a marriage proposal for his sister. He explained that Miss Havisham was looking for a young man and that Pip was just the right boy for the job.
- Arriving at the Havisham household, we meet Estella, a girl he is tasked with impressing.
- Miss Havisham explains that she would like to see Pip and Estella play together.
- Every time Pip visits the Havisham household he has to learn new things in order to become a gentleman. Miss Havisham wants him to fall in love with Estella.
- Pip should learn to dance, ride horses, box and have sex. For his 18th birthday, Miss Havisham gives Pip a good time with Mrs Givens.
- Then he should learn French and asks his friend and school-clever Biddy to help him. During the second episode, she helps him with everything.
- After the society ball goes well, Miss Havisham gives Pip some things to sell to buy herself a new wardrobe to impress Estella. Since he is not in love, this is his next task.
- After getting the money he needs, Pip feels comfortable with the new outfit he bought and everyone in town notices it.
- However, when Estella returns to Miss Havisham, she says his education is complete. A very confused Pip had no idea what he had done wrong.
- The episode ended with Pip drinking at a bar and Jaggers looking for him.
Great Expectations Season 1 Episode 3 Release Date
Episode 3 will be released on fx And Hello on April 2, 2023. Episode 3 will have a running time of 56 minutes.
where to watch online
Spectators can catch Great expectations Season 1 Episode 3 on FX or with a Hulu subscription on the above date.
- Jaggers takes Pip under his wing to teach him lessons on how to be a man.
- Miss Havisham keeps track of his progress.
- Maywitch and Compeyson rejoin the fight.
- Great Expectations Season 1 Episode 1 Summary
- Great Expectations Season 1 Episode 2 Summary
- Great Expectations Season 1 Episode 3 Summary
Find out where to watch this and more with our Discovery Tool