– Florida State is going into the game pretty healthy. As always, we’ll check if anyone is unexpectedly absent or if someone has limited availability during audition. Some of the positions we’ll be looking at based on last week’s play are:
– Broad receivers like Mycah Pittman and Johnny Wilson – but Mike Norvell was confident both were available earlier this week when asked.
– We’ll also look at who starts with the right tackle, if that’s it Darius Washington or Jazston Turnetine.
These are a few examples of FSU.
– Florida, on the other hand, goes into the game beaten up and battered, below a report via Swamp247.com:
– Florida wide receiver Justin Shorter has returned to UF’s injury report and will miss Friday’s match against Florida State with an upper-body injury.
Florida wide receiver Daejon Reynoldswho hit a career-high eight receptions for 165 yards in UF’s 31-24 loss to Vanderbilt is listed as Florida’s first wide receiver on the depth chart in place of Shorter. Jordan Pouncey is listed as a second-row wide receiver behind Reynolds.
– Florida freshman wide receivers Caleb Douglas is listed as a first-team wide receiver ahead Yes’Markis Weston on Florida’s depth chart.
– Florida wide receiver Ricky Pearsall, who walked out of the first half of Saturday’s competition in Nashville against Vanderbilt, is listed as “questionable” on the depth chart. Pearsall is dealing with an upper body injury. Despite his injury, Pearsall is listed as a starting wide receiver along with redshirt freshman Kahleil Jackson, who hails from Hawthorne. Florida coach Billy Napier expressed optimism that Arizona State transfer Pearsall would be available on Friday. “We assume Ricky is ready to go,” Napier said.
– UF’s starting right is either listed Michael Tarkin or Austin Barber. Tarquin was spotted wearing a hiking boot on his left foot after the loss to the Commodores.
– Florida freshman tight end Arlis Boardingham is listed as the tight end of the fourth string, marking Boardingham’s debut on the depth chart. Boardingham struggled with an undisclosed upper-body injury throughout the season, an illness he originally contracted during fall camp.
– Florida tight end Keon Zipperer is listed as “questionable” on the depth map. Zipperer traveled to Vanderbilt with the team but didn’t record any stats.
– Safety third year in Florida Rashad Torrence II, who left Saturday’s loss at Vanderbilt, is listed as a safe starter and is not listed on the injury report. On Monday Trey Dean III, UF’s starting safety to Torrence, insisted on Florida’s first safety, Miguel Mitchel and Kamari Wilson, would be ready to step up if Torrence were unavailable for Friday’s competition in Tallahasse. “NO doubt, (with) the newcomer, Kamari Wilsonwe won’t lose a beat,” Dean said. “He comes ready to work every day and in my opinion, without a doubt, we will be ready to play on Friday.
– Florida wide receiver Ja’Quavion Fraziars, who made his career debut against the Aggies three weeks ago, is again listed as out with an upper-body injury. Before the UF’s win over South Carolina, Napier said Fraziars suffered a “significant shoulder” injury sometime between the 41-24 win over the Aggies and Florida’s Wednesday practice before the team’s win over the Gamecocks.
– Florida wide receiver Xzavier Henderson listed as “out” on the depth chart with a lower body injury.
– UF wide receiver Thai Chiaokhiao Bowman, who was targeted on eight pass attempts in the Gators’ 31-24 loss to Vanderbilt, is listed as ‘out’ with an upper-body injury. Chiaokhiao-Bowman was seen with his right arm in a sling after the fight with the Commodores.
– Florida wide receiver Markus Burkeeliminated from UF competition with the ‘Dores is listed as “out” with an upper body injury.
– Despite the uncertainty surrounding his status for the first half of Friday’s competition, Ventrell Miller is listed as a starting linebacker on UF’s depth chart. “Some of the players who are likely to play a bigger role in the game are obviously (Derek) Wingo and Shemar (James). Those two guys are probably going to snap more in the first half than they’ve played so far to keep up with Burney, and of course Scooby is also a young player who has those skills,” Napier said Wednesday. “These guys play in every game. They’ll just have the opportunity to play a little more in this one.”
– Jalen Lee or Tyrak Sapp is listed as the defensive end of the second string behind Gervon Dexter Sr.. on the depth map.
– Foosball for Florida newcomers Trey Smackwho struggled with a groin injury this season returns to UF’s depth chart as a second-string kicker and first-string kicker on kickoffs with walk-ons Adam Michaelek. For UF’s contest with the ‘Dores, the walk-on Travis Freeman was listed as a replacement for Mihalek in both positions.