The first of its kind Snapchat AR Lens allows consumers to scan any triangle in the real world for a chance to win $250,000Exclusive prices from GUESS® Originals, Xbox®living seats®and much more
PLANO, Texas, August 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Triangles are everywhere…but the world will soon see them differently. Doritos – the iconic brand of triangular chips – takes on the basic triangle Another level®™ featuring Triangle Tracker, a nationwide hunt where each triangle can unlock exclusive experiences and rewards.
Both through Snapchat’s AR-Lens, which turns every real-world triangle into Doritos, and through weekly TikTok challenges, triangle trackers everywhere will soon realize just how often they encounter triangles in everyday life. Doritos makes it even easier for them to take part in the challenge by taking on famous triangular landmarks new York, Atlanta and Memphis, Tennessee.Partnering with fan favorite brands like GUESS® Original, living seats® and Xbox®use Fortnite Creative to create Dorito’s Triangle Island™ and even drop unexpected triangle Easter Eggs during the MTV Video Music Awards (“VMAs”) 28.8.
“Doritos has always been known for its iconic, bold flavors, but this year we’re leaning towards another part of Doritos: its iconic triangular shape,” he said Stacy Taft, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Frito-Lay North America. “What better way to engage our creative fan base than to encourage them to think of Doritos when they see a triangle in the real world?”
How to start tracking
There are two simple ways people everywhere can participate in the nationwide hunt:
- Tracking Triangles on Snapchat: Fans can unlock odds every day by using the Snapchat Triangle Tracker AR Lens on Snapchat. All you have to do is point the lens at it any Triangle, including the triangles on Doritos bags, and Snap’s machine learning technology recognizes it and turns it into Doritos. Snapchat then generates a code and sends Snapchatters to the Triangle Tracker site to claim their prize, including a Doritos product, exclusive merchandise from their favorite brands, or the $250,000 grand prize.
- Weekly TikTok Challenges: In a separate Doritos TikTok Challenge, Doritos will be giving out weekly challenges for the chance to win $15,000 bonuses. This isn’t just a gamble; Doritos wants triangular trackers to be bold. Only those who find the coolest and most creative triangles in the world and post their video submissions on TikTok and tag @Doritos #DoritosTriangleTracker #Contest will take home these rewards. The first challenge begins today when Doritos takes over three iconic triangular buildings: West 57th street one new YorkBass Pro Shop in Memphis, Tennessee.and 101 Marietta in Atlanta. Doritos will then drop two more challenges every Wednesday until mid-September.
Triangles… They’re EVERYWHERE
If fans didn’t already know that some of their most popular brands have triangles in their logos, now they won’t be able to miss them! Use the Snapchat AR Lens to scan the Xbox, Vivid Seats and Guess branded triangle logos to unlock epic prizes, and look out for triangle Easter Eggs during the MTV VMAs to unlock prizes including:
- VMAs: Doritos teams up with chart-topping rapper Offset from Migos to be featured in exclusive content to launch the Triangle Tracker program in a big way at the ‘VMAs’ 2022 28.8. Watch surprise performers and look out for some special triangles every time the Doritos Extended Play Stage appears to win tickets to the “VMAs 2023”.
- Xbox: Players around the world can enhance their gameplay by scanning the Xbox logo and unlocking a custom Doritos controller skin.
- TREASURES Originals: GUESS unlocks the staple of the season with Doritos with a limited edition Doritos-inspired denim jacket, complete with branded patches to spice up any outfit! Simply scan the GUESS logo and win.
- Living Seats: The next concert music lovers attend could be covered by Doritos, all by scanning the Vivid Seats logo. The price also includes an exclusive Doritos Concert Kit, packed with all the Doritos brand goodies to ensure the best concert experience.
The adoption of the Doritos triangle also enters the virtual world
Continuing with the brand’s deep roots in the gaming community, Doritos also takes the nationwide hunt for triangles virtual, once again taking the gameplay to another level®™. Fortnite fans can explore the brand new Doritos Triangle Island™, created in Fortnite creative mode, with hours of gameplay and Easter Eggs hidden everywhere. Inspired by Doritos products, Doritos Triangle Island brings a twist to three classic Fortnite world mini-games: Nacho Usual Spleef, Spicy Sweet Chiliwars, and Doritos Crash Course Deathrun (inspired by the popular 2010 Doritos Crash Course game). This is an independently created Fortnite creative experience and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Epic Games, Inc. And that’s not all, Doritos has also teamed up with StreamElements to create a unique AI TriangleBot that allows streamers to replace triangles in all their favorite games with Doritos chips.
To learn more about the Triangle Tracker program, visit www.DoritosTriangleTracker.com or visit the Doritos social channels.
Doritos believes there is courage in everyone. We champion those who are true to themselves, who live life fully committed and who take bold action by stepping out of their comfort zone and pushing their limits. Doritos is one of many brands owned by Frito-Lay North America – the $19 billion convenience food division of PepsiCo, Inc. (NASDAQ: PEP), headquartered in Purchase, New York. Keep following Doritos Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and TikTok. Learn more about Frito-Lay on the company website,http://www.fritolay.com/and on Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/fritolay.
About Frito-Lay North America
Frito-Lay North America is the 19 billion dollars PepsiCo, Inc. (NASDAQ: PEP) convenience food division headquartered in Purchase, New York. Frito-Lay snacks include Lay’s and Ruffles potato chips, Doritos tortilla chips, Cheetos snacks, Tostitos branded tortilla chips and dips, SunChips multigrain snacks, and Fritos corn chips. The company operates more than 30 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Canada, more than 200 distribution centers and serves 315,000 retail customers per week through its direct delivery model. Learn more about Frito-Lay on the company website,www.fritolay.comon Twitter (@fritolay), on Instagram (@fritolay) and on Facebook (Frito-Lay).
PepsiCo products are enjoyed more than a billion times a day by consumers in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion of net sales in 2021, driven by a portfolio of complementary beverages and convenience foods that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker and SodaStream. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide variety of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands, each with estimated annual retail sales in excess of $1 billion.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to become the global leader in beverages and ready meals by winning PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our end-to-end strategic transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the heart of how we create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for the planet and people. Visit www.pepsico.com for more information.
Watch the original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/doritos-transforms-triangles-all-around-us-invites-fans-on-an-epic-hunt-via -new-triangle-tracker-program-301611222.html
SOURCE Frito-Lay North America