APSU Men’s Tennis Drops vs. Queens, 6-1 – Clarksville Online
Charlotte, NC – The Austin Peay State University (APSU) men’s tennis team lost 6-1 in the ASUN conference opener in Queens on Friday at the Leving Tennis Center.
The Royals clinched the early double advantage after a 6-4 win from the No. 3 position, but Tom Bolton and Giovanni Becchis responded with their fifth win of the season together from the top spot.
However, Queens scored the first point of the game after they won an extended match from the No. 2 position against Sota Minami and Javier Tortajada 7-6, 7-2.
Tortajada opened the singles with his fourth win in five games, defeating Queens’ Arthur Bazil 6-1, 6-2.
Queens matched Tortajada’s win with four straight wins and a three-set win over second-ranked Becchis.
Next for APSU men’s tennis
The Austin Peay State University men’s tennis team travels to the Sunshine State for a game against North Florida at 1:00 p.m. Sunday at the UNF Tennis Complex in Jacksonville, Florida.
Results against women
- Tom Bolton/Giovanni Becchis defeated. Euan Lynes / Laurenz Blickwede, 6-4
- Edoardo Cecere / victory Steveker def. Sota MinamiJavier Tortajada, 7-6 (7-2)
- Lukas Gosselin / Arthur Bazil re. Hogan Heizer / Bodi van Galen, 6-4
- Defeated Edoardo Cecera. Sota Minami, 6-0, 6-2
- victory Steveker def. Giovanni Becchi, 6-4, 2-6, 6-3
- Laurenz Blickwede vs. Tom Bolton, 7-6 (7-5), 6-0
- Javier Tortajada defeated. Arthur Bazil, 6-1, 6-2
- Defeated Samuele Pia. Bodi van Galen, 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
- Lukas Gosselin defeated. Thiago Nogueira, 6-4, 6-1