Amazon has announced the next generation of Fire HD 8 tablets, launching four new models: Fire HD 8, Fire HD 8 Plus, Fire HD 8 Kids Pro and Fire HD 8 Kids. The all-new Fire HD 8, powered by a 30% faster processor and all-day battery life, offers customers a premium entertainment experience and the ability to get more things done at home or on the go.
And for the first time, customers can choose a Disney Theme Bundle for the Fire HD 8 Kids with Mickey Mouse or Disney Princess cases. The new Fire HD 8 tablets are available for pre-order starting today and will ship next month.
“Our best-selling tablet this year just got even better for customers. Faster, lighter, and packed with all-day battery life, the all-new Fire HD 8 tablets offer great entertainment for the whole family,” said Kevin Keith, vice president of Amazon Devices. “For a complete kids’ tablet experience, the all-new Fire Kids tablets include one year of Amazon Kids+, a virtual playground with thousands of ad-free games, videos, books, apps and more, a kid-friendly case, a two-year worry-free warranty, and easy.” to operate child safety.”
The all-new Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus include:
- Improved performance—With a 30% faster hexa-core processor, customers can do more, from surfing the web to watching videos—or both at the same time. Enjoy picture-in-picture video with apps like Prime Video and use the split-screen feature to send an email while on a Zoom call, or search for a recipe while you watch your favorite show.
- Elegant and durable display—With an 8-inch, vibrant HD display made from reinforced aluminosilicate glass, Fire HD 8 is thinner, lighter and stronger than before, and has been proven twice as durable as iPad mini in drop tests.
- Battery that lasts all day– Up to 13 hours of battery life to watch content, surf the web, listen to music and more. Fire HD 8 charges fully in five hours using the included USB-C cable and 5W power adapter.
- Exciting entertainment—Movies, games and web content look and sound amazing in vivid HD with Dolby Atmos. With screen mirroring, customers can project videos, browsers, apps, photos and more onto larger screens compatible with Miracast technology, including select FireTV, Samsung, Sony, LG and Phillips TVs.
- Better with Prime—Fire HD 8 offers Prime members unlimited hours of entertainment, including thousands of popular movies and TV shows with Prime Video, exclusive Amazon Originals, and millions of songs and podcasts with Amazon Music. Plus, Prime members get free, unlimited full-resolution photo storage and 5GB of video storage with Amazon Photos.
- Lots of storage space—With 32GB and 64GB options and support for up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD, customers can download and enjoy a variety of books, videos and games.
- Large selection of content– Enjoy millions of movies, TV episodes, songs, books, graphic novels, apps and games. Stream or watch downloaded videos with Prime Video, Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, or HBO Max subscriptions.
- Always ready, hands-free Alexa– Ask Alexa to make a video call to keep in touch with family and friends, play a song, start an Audible book, start a game, find your favorite movies, view your calendar, and more—just with your voice.
- Climate promise friendly– Fire HD 8 tablets are designed with sustainability in mind and join the growing list of Amazon devices reducing their carbon footprint year after year. Fire HD 8 device packaging is 100% recyclable in the US and is made from 99% wood fiber-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources.
- Personalized display sizes—The new display size feature can either enlarge all screen elements for customers who are visually impaired or have low vision, or reduce the size of elements to provide additional space for more on the display.
- Accessibility– Fire HD 8 was designed with accessibility in mind with features like VoiceView screen reader, magnifier, closed captions, font size, high contrast text, color inversion, color correction and stereo to mono audio conversion. For customers who prefer to interact with Alexa through touch rather than voice, the Tap to Alexa feature is now available and compatible with Switch Access controllers. Fire HD 8 also offers text-to-speech, allowing customers to type in sentences and have them say them out loud.
For just $20 more, the new Fire HD 8 Plus offers:
- multitasking—With 3GB of RAM, Fire HD 8 Plus lets you switch apps seamlessly, whether you’re checking off your to-do list, reading a book, or watching your favorite show.
- Faster USB–C charge—Fire HD 8 Plus charges fully in approximately three hours using the included 9W power adapter.
- Hassle-free wireless charging—Fire HD 8 Plus is also compatible with Qi-certified wireless chargers, and when paired with the wireless charging stand (sold separately), you can seamlessly take Fire HD 8 Plus from a portable tablet experience to a hands-free smart display the table Alexa access in show mode.
- Sharper images—Equipped with a 5MP rear-facing camera, customers can capture vivid videos and pictures.
All-new Fire HD 8 Kids and Fire HD 8 Kids Pro – entertainment and education for kids, control for parents
Designed for kids ages 3-7, the new Fire HD 8 Kids is supported by the included 1-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ with thousands of ad-free books, games, videos and apps from brands like Disney, Nickelodeon and PBS. The Fire HD 8 Kids is the perfect companion for kids at home and on the go, bundled with a kid-proof case and a two-year worry-free guarantee. And for the first time, customers can select a Disney Theme Bundle that includes Fire HD 8 Kids and a Mickey Mouse or Disney Princess case for $159.99.
Designed for school-age kids 6-12, the all-new Fire HD 8 Kids Pro comes with a kid-friendly case, a two-year worry-free warranty, and a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ filled with fun and educational content, including from National Geographic, Rabbids Coding and LEGO. In addition to Amazon Kids+ content, Fire HD 8 Kids Pro tablets have access to a digital store where kids can discover eBooks and apps and ask parents to buy them, or add their favorite games like Roblox and Minecraft.
Fire HD 8 Kids and Fire HD 8 Kids Pro models have access to award-winning parental controls that encourage learning before play – allowing parents to limit screen time, set learning goals and manage content for up to four child profiles. The Amazon Kids browser offers filtered access to the web for school projects and more, and built-in controls are designed to help filter out inappropriate websites. Parents or guardians can manage settings on the device or visit the parent dashboard at parent.amazon.com to view daily activity reports, allow or block websites, and easily adjust their child’s settings from any web browser, regardless of whether it is it is a mobile device or computer.
Prices and Availability
The all-new Fire HD 8 is available for pre-order starting at $99.99 in Black, Denim, and Rose colors. Fire HD 8 Plus is available in gray with a pebble finish and costs $119.99. Both tablets are available in 32GB or 64GB, and accessory cases are available for Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus tablets in black, denim, gray, and rose for $29.99.
Fire HD 8 Kids is available for pre-order today starting at $149.99 in black and is offered in 32GB or 64GB storage options with a kid-resistant blue or purple case with an adjustable stand that doubles as a handle. These tablets are also available in a Disney themed bundle that includes Mickey Mouse or Disney Princess cases for $159.99. Fire HD 8 Kids Pro comes with 32GB of storage for $149.99 with a kid-friendly case in Cyber Sky, Rainbow Universe, and Hello Teal. Both tablets come with a one-year subscription to the award-winning Amazon Kids+ with thousands of ad-free, age-appropriate books, games, videos and apps, and customers can renew their subscription monthly, including for $4.99 a month for Prime members. Customers can use the same Amazon Kids+ subscription on any compatible device to access even more kid-friendly content, including Fire TV, Kindle, Echo, Glow, iOS, Chromebook, or Android devices.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor orientation, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, the world’s best place to work, and the safest place to work on earth. Customer Reviews, 1-Click Shopping, Personalized Recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out Technology, Amazon Studios and The Climate Pledge are some of the things that have been developed by Amazon.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS